We have a very exciting opportunity for our young musicians. South Simcoe Arts Council is thrilled to host a master class with pianist and composer Christopher Norton.
There is no cost to participate or observe this event, thanks to the generous sponsorship of Honda Canada Mfg.
The master class will be held on Saturday, June 2nd from 1:00-4:00pm at Knox Presbyterian Church in Alliston.
We anticipate this being a very popular event, and we can only accept a limited number of participants. To be as fair as possible, to reflect various levels of performance and a variety of teaching studios, we have set the following parameters for applications:
1. We will accept applications beginning at 7:00am, on May 10th by email only. There is no form, a simple email to firstname.lastname@example.org is sufficient. Early applications will not be accepted.
2. Application to participate must be sent by students or their parents/guardians. Applications will not be accepted from teachers.
3. Any amateur pianist, regardless of age is welcome to participate. Must be studying at minimum of Level 1 RCM or equivalent.
4. Email applications must include the following information:
a. Name of the performer
c. Level of study
5. You may include the title and composer of piece that you wish to perform. This information will not affect your eligibility. Pieces may not exceed 4 minutes.
The selection of participants will be at the sole discretion of the South Simcoe Arts Council. We will take into account the order in which the applications arrived, the level of the performers and the number of students accepted from each teaching studio. Successful applicants will be notified by May 16th by email.
Please remember that everyone is welcome to observe the master class at no cost.
We look forward to seeing you!
Sat Jun 2, 2018 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM