Start your weekend with a 75 minutes of creativity. In this class participants will work on blocking and gestural sketching techniques from photo and video references with professional artist and Master Naturalist, Len McLeod. This live Zoom class is not just sketching, Len will share facts and information about the birds and small animals being worked with that day. Regular participation in the class will give participants an abundance of nature sketches and journaling opportunities.
A Zoom link will be emailed to the participants the day prior to the session.
small group/limited enrolment
Each class will feature a different animal and bird. The class format will include:
- Sketching warm up
- Sketching from a video (gestural)
- Sketching from a still photo (focus on detail)
- Each class participants will get draw a bird or critter typically found in their yards
Materials - All you need is a few items you may already have at home:
- Graphite pencil (e.g. HB#2, 2B, 4B)
- Pad or loose leaf sketching paper (e.g. 50 LB – 70 LB)
Optional, but fun to play with if you have it
- Fine Line Marker
- Vine Charcoal
Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:00 AM - 11:30 AM